INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- FOCUS collects personal information when you register for a FOCUS account, when you use certain FOCUS products or services, when you enter promotions or sweepstakes and when you visit FOCUS pages or the pages of certain FOCUS partners outside the branded FOCUS network of websites. FOCUS may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- FOCUS also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, FOCUS cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you requested.
- FOCUS uses information for the following general purposes: to personalise the advertising and content you see, based on the details given by you at registration and your activity at FOCUS, fulfil your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients. You agree that FOCUS may transfer your personal information for the general purposes set out above to any FOCUS group company worldwide.
INFORMATION AND DISCLOSURE
- FOCUS does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with FOCUS under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help FOCUS communicate with you about offers from FOCUS and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or to any legitimate request by authorities with which we must comply.
- This is within the FOCUS group, for the purposes described under “Information Collection & Use” above (for example, various companies in the FOCUS group are responsible for storing and processing your information in order to deliver content to you).
- FOCUS displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- FOCUS does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- FOCUS advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- According to your setting, FOCUS will display your FOCUS account information in the web site, at the meanwhile, FOCUS will also display your FOCUS ID in some situation. (E.g. FOCUS Forum)
YOUR ABILITY TO EDIT AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
- You can edit your FOCUS Account information at any time.
- New categories of marketing communications might be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages and other communications relating to the FOCUS service, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- You may delete your FOCUS account by visiting our Account Deletion page, verifying your password once more and confirming your choice to terminate the account. Please click here to read about what information may possibly remain in our archived records after your account has been deleted.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with our legal obligations to protect personal information about you.
- FOCUS may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your FOCUS account or by posting a prominent notice on our pages.